Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Two Bits of Good News for Huckabee

First bit, Fred Thompson dropped out of the race. While I don't personally hold anything against Fred Thompson, I think his dropping out will benefit Gov. Huckabee. I know that many people (my mother-in-law included) were/are big Fred Thompson fans because of his conservative voting record in the Senate. I welcome them now to take another look at Mike Huckabee. Gov. Huckabee has a solid conservative record (despite what some journalist and interest groups say). Check him out for yourself at www.mikehuckabee.com.

Second bit, Duncan Hunter endorsed Mike Huckabee today. Duncan Hunter is a man of character with many strong qualities. His endorsement will be respected by many Republicans because the man himself is respected by many Republicans. I personally would love to see a Huckabee/Hunter ticket. If he doesn't end up as VP, I do hope that he is in the Huckabee administration somewhere.

1 comment:

D. Marco Funk said...

Entering into Dialogue with a Fellow Christ-Follower

I would like to respond to two quotes from Huckabee's "Issues" section on the "war on terror":

He wrote:
"I believe in the Powell Doctrine of using overwhelming force to accomplish a mission."
Haven't you ever preached, as a pastor, on John 3:16 and the overwhelming love that was able to defeat evil at the cross?


"I will expand the army and increase the defense budget."
Do the prophets not speak about a time in which we will beat swords into ploughshares? Does Jesus Christ not speak about turning the cheek and loving our enemies? Does this quote not undermine the words and work of Jesus Christ THE Commander and Chief of all that is?

It saddens me to read of how willing Huckabee is are to sacrifice the fathers and sons of our enemies even as you passionately plead for the life of the unborn child. Does God not love both enemy and unborn child? Is the gospel not meant for the killed fetus and also the disemboweled extremist?