Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Home Again from Oklahoma City





My husband had a pre-paid business trip to Oklahoma City Friday and Saturday. The kids and I got to go too and all it cost us was our food and site seeing. We had a lot of fun. We got there Friday about lunch time. My husband ate lunch with us and then went to his conference. The kids and I went to the Myriad Botanical Gardens. All of it was interesting to a Landscape Architecture major, but the Crystal Bridge Conservatory was definitely the best.

Later that evening we went with my husband to the Oklahoma City National Memorial. It seems odd that the bombing was almost 15 years ago. This memorial was being designed when I was getting my degree so the landscape architectural aspects of it were very interesting to me. It was touching to see each chair with someone's name on it. It made me think of all the nameless people that abortion has taken from our land and how amazingly huge the field would have to be if we had chairs for all of them.







Then Saturday the kids and I spent the entire day at the Oklahoma City Zoo. The kids really enjoyed the sea lion show and the Dinosaurs Unearthed temporary exhibit.





The animatronic life size dinosaurs were very cool especially if you didn't read any of the evolutionary rubbish on the signs. They also had life size fossil replicas.

It was a great trip marred only by the announcement about the Iowa Supreme Court's ruling on "gay marriage" that we heard over the radio while in the car. As Caffeinated Thoughts has already said much on that topic (and probably better than I would have), I am leaving you with links.

Responding to the decision and Consequences

It is a great thing to see something new, learn, and relax with family.

No comments: