Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Disenfranchised in Arizona

HT: Needs to Be Said

Apparently a woman from Arizona wrote an open letter to Glenn Beck, that has caused quite a stir. In it she outlines how she feels neither party cares about what she cares about. Here is a list of her issues. To read the whole letter, go here.

One, illegal immigration.
Two, the TARP bill, I want it repealed and I want no further funding supplied to it.
Three: Czars, I want the circumvention of our checks and balances stopped immediately.
Four, cap and trade. The debate on global warming is not over.
Five, universal healthcare. I will not be rushed into another expensive decision.
Six, growing government control. I want states rights and sovereignty fully restored.
Seven, ACORN. I do not want ACORN and its affiliates in charge of our 2010 census. I want them investigated.
Eight, redistribution of wealth. No, no, no.
Nine, charitable contributions. Charity belongs in our local communities, where we know our needs best and can use our local talent and our local resources.
Ten, corporate bailouts. Knock it off. Sink or swim like the rest of us.
Eleven, transparency and accountability.
Twelve, unprecedented quick spending
If you agree with these things, there is an online petition about them here.

After this list of wrongs, there are some great quotes I had to share as well.

Do you really think I find humor in the hiring of a speed reader to unintelligently ramble all through a bill that you signed into law without knowing what it contained? I do not. It is a mockery of the responsibility I have entrusted to you. It is a slap in the face.

I would favor a bill saying that everyone who votes on a bill must have read it before hand.

This whole paragraph was so good, I am putting the whole thing in. I added the bold.
We want all of you to stop focusing on your reelection and do the job we want done, not the job you want done or the job your party wants done. You work for us and at this rate I guarantee you not for long because we are coming. We will be heard and we will be represented. You think we're so busy with our lives that we will never come for you? We are the formerly silent majority, all of us who quietly work , pay taxes, obey the law, vote, save money, keep our noses to the grindstone and we are now looking up at you. You have awakened us, the patriotic spirit so strong and so powerful that it had been sleeping too long. You have pushed us too far. Our numbers are great. They may surprise you. For every one of us who will be there, there will be hundreds more that could not come. Unlike you, we have their trust. We will represent them honestly, rest assured. They will be at the polls on voting day to usher you out of office. We have cancelled vacations. We will use our last few dollars saved. We will find the representation among us and a grassroots campaign will flourish. We didn't ask for this fight. But the gloves are coming off. We do not come in violence, but we are angry. You will represent us or you will be replaced with someone who will. There are candidates among us when he will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes that you have made of our constitution.
You go sister! I hope she is right and the People give the government a good kick in the pants. Maybe this lady should run for office. I hope she is right.

No comments: