Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Trasgender and Homosexuality and YOUR Government School

I saw this first story several days ago, but didn't do anything with it because I was torn. Here is the story from OneNewsNow and then I will give my thoughts.

Pro-family activist Peter LaBarbera says the case of a second-grade boy in one Colorado school who wants to be identified as a girl shows that the country has normalized deviance.

Staff at a public school in Highlands Ranch are preparing to accommodate the second-grader, who wants to attend classes dressed as a girl and be addressed with a girl's name. The school will allow the boy to use a unisex bathroom, and they are giving parents packets of information on transgendered people.

Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans for Truth, says the real victims of the supposed "diversity policy" are the young man's classmates. "If the parents are so misled to encourage their child in this gender-confused behavior, they should not be allowed to teach that same behavior to all the other students in the school," argues LaBarbera. "I think it's a terribly sad situation. This boy needs help, the parents need help, obviously."

The pro-family advocate says it is also troubling that the pro-homosexual group "Trans-Youth Family Advocates" has been working with the school district. He says such groups are "in the business of mainstreaming gender confusion" -- but somehow manage to work their way into the schools under the guise of being "consultants."

When I put myself in the position of the public school officials, I am not sure what I would do. I mean this child and his parents do need help, but that doesn't mean I could bar him from public school entry. I guess that I could have some sort of dress code that included no cross dressing and demand that he use the boys' room. I think that one of the many sad things this story illustrates is that in many ways the public school systems are bound by law and fear of law suits. The world view that they will teach and administrate from is enforced from the outside.

On a slightly different note, I got word today that a homosexual activist day called "Day of Silence" is coming to many schools. If you would like to find out more about it, go here. The link also has a list of schools that are participating. Don't be suprised if your "good" school is on there.

I went two years to a "bad" high school in liberal California. Then I went two years at a "good" high school in conservative West Texas. I can tell you from experience that the world views presented were the same. Even the education was not better at the "good" school. The main differences were external (newer building, grounds, etc.) and the kinds of social problems (gangs and pregnancy vs. prejudice/white supremacy and abortions).

All in all, one more reason to homeschool.

No comments: