Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Great Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving week. Tuesday we got to meet my brother- and sister-in-law for lunch. They are from Florida so we don't have to see them that often. Wednesday my daughter got to go with my husband to work for the day. She had a great time being Daddy's helper. My son and I had a great time just hanging out and relaxing. Thursday we slept in and then opened presents. The kids presents were numbered. I was so glad that I did that. That saved the best for last and I didn't have to remember what was in what box. We had lunch of turkey, corn on the cob, broccoli with cheese sauce, and chocolate chip cookies. All of these are super easy and made for a relaxing day for me. Friday we cleaned up a little the next day to get ready for company on Saturday. I also spent some hours playing around with my art supplies. Today my husband's other brother from Florida came by for the day. It was pleasant to see them. For lunch, we had Creamy Corn and Turkey Soup which is a great way to use left over turkey. I also tried a brand new recipe: Walnut-Cranberry Tart. Everyone gave it 5 stars. They came bearing gifts. One of mine was a very cool kind of silly putty called Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty. I got Twilight which changes from purple (room temperature) to bright blue (warm hands). We will have to use it to try out some experiments on its non-Newtonian properties. Throughout the weekend we have been lighting scented candles and saying the things that we are thankful for. It has been really pleasant.

1 comment:

letti said...

sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. We missed having you guys there, but it was still quite a blast. Grandad seemed like he had a great time - you know how he loves to have a house full of great cheer and fellowhip.