I watched the movie Arranged last night and really liked it for several reasons.
1. It showed marriage as a lifetime commitment. It today's world you hardly ever see movies where young ladies take marriage seriously.
2. It gave me some insight into the Orthodox Jewish and Muslim religions. I don't know much about either of these. It was very interesting to get a glimpse of the family lives presented in the movie.
3. It contrasts the "modern woman" jumping from man to man and party to party with two young women who are pretty independent yet respectful of their parents and who can see the value of marriage and family.
4. There is a scene where one of the ladies gets fed up and goes to a party with her cousin. Instead of being sucked into the drugs, alcohol, and sex available, the experience only solidifies in her mind that she does not want that kind of life.
5. Though I wouldn't want to go back to the world of arranged marriages, I did like the emphasis in the movie of getting advice from parents and spiritual advisers about courtship and marriage. I can't imagine having a marriage relationship with children involved where my husband and I were not on the same page religiously. Yet so many people enter marriage thinking that won't be too big of a deal.
Here is the trailer for the movie. I don't know that it does the movie justice, but I thought people might want to check it out.