86% of Americans would significantly restrict abortion.
- 60% of Americans would limit abortion to cases of rape, incest or the life of a mother -- or not allow it at all.
- 53% of Americans believe abortion does more harm than good to a woman in the long term.
- 79% of Americans support conscience exemptions on abortion for health care workers. This includes 64% of those who identify as strongly pro-choice.
- 69% of Americans think that it is appropriate for religious leaders to speak out on abortion.
- 59% say religious leaders have a key role to play in the abortion debate.