Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Critter Corner V. 5


Chickens

We are excited to be hatching some eggs in an incubator. Some friends of ours who live on a small farm invited us over. While we were there, they offered to let us try to hatch some eggs that their chicken had laid. They loaned us the incubator, too.

It took me a while to get the incubator set up with proper temperature and humidity, but now we are making a go of it. I hope to have some news of chicks on the 25th.

Dogs
When we went to my in-laws for the 4th, they gave our dogs a dose of Frontline Plus.
I must say that this stuff WORKS. It is 30 days later and they are still flea free. With our usual stuff, I was still combing 10-30 fleas off of them a day. It is very expensive though. About $45 for a three month supply.

Crawdads
There are 5 baby crawdads that survived to this point. 1 is huge (about 1" long), 2 are medium (3/4" long), and 2 are small (1/2" long). These are guesses of course. I have no idea why they have grown at different rates.

The mother crawdad died. She was trying to molt and didn't have the strength. Sort of a sad way to go if you ask me.

All of the other pets are largely the same.

No comments: