Thursday, April 24, 2008

Alan Keyes Leaves GOP


OK, I know that this is mostly old news (from April 16th), but I just found out about it. I really like Alan Keys and if he does end up running for the Constitution Party, I will likely vote for him. Here are some quotes from the USA Today story.

Keyes, who also ran as a Republican to challenge Barack Obama's U.S. Senate bid in Illinois in 2004, says he is talking with leaders and rank-and-file members of the Constitution Party.

"They're considering me, I'm considering them," Keyes said in a conference call late Tuesday night. "We have so much in common that I find it hard to believe we won't be able to work out a common basis for working together."

Keyes singled out the nation's present "border issue" as a reason he is leaving the GOP, saying it is a "threat to the sovereignty to the American people."

"There are clear signs that our leaders no longer have an allegiance to the sovereign people of the United States," Keyes said.

No comments: