Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kiss

Kiss by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy is certainly a page-turner; I read the whole thing in a couple of days. I enjoyed the unique plot and its various twists (though you could see some of them coming if you were paying attention).

I think the point of this book is really needed in today's society. The point, as I understand it, is that you can either gain perspective from your mistreatment or problems in life or you can gain pain. The choice is up to you. I also really liked the theme of the truth being worth fighting (possibly dying) for. I found this refreshing in a society leaning more and more toward truth being relative.

The main reason that I cannot give this book five stars is I found the memory stealing abilities of the heroine a little unnerving. That is an ability that I would attribute more to a "bad guy". Shauna, the heroine does see it as stealing, but she feels she has no choice.

Also if you are looking for Christian fiction, this book may leave you wanting a little deeper spiritual emphasis. On the other hand, if you just want a good clean read with suspense and intrigue then I recommend Kiss.

No comments: