Sunday, March 30, 2008

Painting Elephants





I found this video on Great Homeschool Videos. It reminded me of when we lived in Phoenix and Ruby the painting elephant died from birth complications. The whole city was sad. Here is a painting by Ruby. It is not as amazing as the one in the video, but I still find it interesting.





There are two things that I find very interesting about this. First, I am amazed at how much money people are willing to pay for elephant art (hundreds to thousands of dollars). I think elephant paintings are cool, but I don't think I would pay more than $50 for one.

Second, I am amazed (much more so) at the Creator and his handiwork. If an elephant is wonderful because it can paint, the Creator is infinitely more wonderful because he made the elephant.


Least I be labled as prejudice towards elephants . . .

Here is a painting by Tillie the Dog.



And there are even books about painting cats.

No comments: